Thursday, March 30, 2017

A couple of finish photos ... and a salad :D

Got veg?  If you have some broccoli and a few other items in your fridge and pantry, you might want to try this recipe - I made it recently and WOW it's good!  I made a few changes from the original recipe to use up what I had on hand - dried cranberries instead of raisins, 2 whole peppers instead of 2 halves, and walnuts instead of almonds.  I chose poppy seed dressing instead of coleslaw, but I think the latter would be delicious as well!  I think I'll try a pear next time instead of - or perhaps in addition to - the apple :D   Hubby and I liked it - the kids liked it - the leftovers (there weren't many) were fine the next day - this is a 5* recipe :)

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming sewing!  ;)  I've been getting in some good sewing time over the last few weeks, and have some finishes to show you.   These items were made to use up bags of scraps I had in stash for ages (years!), given to me by a friend :D


Drawstring gift bags :)


Close-up of the beads I added to the drawstrings - some of them are glitter beads :D



9 bags from a collection of Dr. Seuss themed scraps :)



Drawstring bag made with the last of the Dr. Seuss scraps - I sized it to hold the other 8 bags :)



3 more Dr. Seuss bags ...


2 more Dr. Seuss bags ...


... and last but not least, the last 3 of the Dr. Seuss bags :)

All of these bags are going to Blue Hills next week - I'm pretty sure someone (someoneS!) will enjoy them :)

I have another collection of bags made using some construction fabric - it's getting overcast outside so I'll try to get pictures tomorrow :D  EDITED @ 4:15 p.m. to add ... it's a good thing I got the photos earlier because it's snowing out there now!  Just a bit, but YIKES!

10 comments:

  1. It's a good thing we don't live close by. I'd be popping over unannounced for dinner and sneaking out to the clothes line (possibly right into the sewing room) to steal a few of the pretties. I know if I were in need of services from Blue Hills, it would make me feel so good to know that others were thinking about those in need and helping out in such thoughtful and beautiful ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady - I've seen your stash in person. If anyone is going to live close by, it's gonna be ME moving to YOUR neighbourhood so I can sneak into YOUR sewing room and appropriate some of YOUR stash! I wonder what Bri and Dennis would say? LOL!

      Delete
  2. Just a guess here: Brian would be saying, "Take more!" while Dennis would be sneaking behind you putting stuff back. How am I doing?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't bet the farm (or the stash!) on this - you nabbed it 100%, lol!

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmmm when should we arrive for supper?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Sandra your sewing machine must be smoking from that workout! You are truly a one woman production line :)
    That salad looks delicious, is there no end to your talents ????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! We are always looking for new things to try! I love LOVE your bags! My favorite is the Lorax one :) Have a great day and I hope it is getting warm in your area!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! Your bags bring lots of joy to others and you are so sweet to make them up. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salad sounds delicious! It's amazing the difference a few beads can make. I really need to buy some. Some great makes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This salad looks really delicious! It's right up my alley, so I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails