Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Christmas sewing is almost finished :D


I got these panty pouches finished a few days ago - they're "indirect" Christmas gifts - I offered to make them for our oldest son's girlfriend, to give to the ladies in her family :)  She popped over the other night (after we had a girls night out!) and picked some fabric from my rather extensive stash - and I whipped up the bags and dropped them off for her - I hope she - and her ladies - like them!  :)


And now we have some new projects :D  First up is a poop pillow, but unfortunately, it didn't work out very well - I should have trimmed the inside seams better - I think that would have given me smoother curves.  I could make any number of jokes here but I'll refrain :D Will be trying this again in the new year, LOL.  Bay Leaf I like yours way better!  :)


Another new project - here are a few simple bear puppets I made for some neighbour kids - they worked out quite well, but I think they look very plain.  I'm going to make more (but after Christmas, lol) and will change them up a bit to make them snazzier :)


So sorry about this picture - it's so dreary and rainy outside, and dreary and dark inside the house - I just can't get a good picture of these pillows.  I made them for some young family members - I call them Storytime Teddy Pillows - I thought the kids could plop on them when mom and dad are reading (or when the oldest is reading to the younger ones!) - they're from this tutorial.  I wanted bigger pillows - the tute calls for a 12" pillow form, but I used 18" pillows for extra comfort :D  One last new to me project for today!

As these are all Christmas gifts, I'll link this post to December's Ho Ho Ho and On We Sew and New to Me in December linky parties :)



15 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing your sewing throughout the year, Sandra. You really are an inspiration. I love the panty pouches and story cushions. I'm looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cute panty pouches!!! I'm not sure about the "poop" pillow, although yours looks like a delicious chocolate dipped ice cream!!!! :) Here's to a sew special 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those panty pouches!!! Definitely going to give them a go next year. Have you done a tally of just how many zippered pouches you have made in 2015? I reckon it would have to be a record.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those underwear zippies are so hilariously clever. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those panty pouches are brilliant Sandra, you have brightened up my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful gifts! I love the TEddy Bear pillows and the idea of cuddling with that while you have a story read. Fantastic! They are all adorable :) Holiday hugs,
    Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, i'll probably never say this to you again, but i'm loving your poo!
    I see other commenters have refrained from mentioning it! Love the story cushions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! Merry Christmas to you and yours X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra, I finally found the panty pattern. Now I can make panty purses too. OMG, the poop pillow is great and it would fit at my house (potty training a puppy).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you still have this pattern? I would love to make some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which pattern do you mean? I linked to tutorials where they were available :)

      Delete
    2. The Panty Pouches go to a broken link for me :( (http://www.sewlover.com/bags/pouches/2013-08-14/485.html)

      Delete
    3. You're right - that link doesn't work for some reason. I went to the Wayback Machine (internet archive) and looked for an archived copy - try this link:
      https://web.archive.org/web/20151027135958/http://www.sewlover.com/d/file/bags/pouches/2013-08-14/d8d25405df66012fd1449c6d432bb0b3.gif

      You may have to resize it - I can't tell from looking at it if it will print to a proper size :D

      Delete
    4. Thank you!!

      Delete
    5. You're very welcome - get sewing! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails