Monday, August 31, 2015

New to Me and Ho Ho Ho ;)

Happily, I'm getting some sewing projects done now, and I'm quite pleased with my progress :) Actually I'm mainly pleased that I finally feel like sitting down and sewing - I hope my mojo keeps mo'ing and jo'ing :D

First up are a couple of Christmas gifts to tuck into my Christmas box - these will be posted to the August Ho Ho Ho and On We Sew linky party :)

Zipper bags using the last bits of the train fabric you see in each bag.  These are scraps from a basket set I completed a while ago :D

Another scrap user-upper, I made this basket with the last of some fabric I used for Christmas pillowcases :D

This next picture is a birthday gift that has now been given to the recipient's nonna and nonno :D They'll deliver it to the birthday boy when they see him in a few weeks :)  The set consists of a pillowcase, wallet, cups, DVD and book in a TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) theme - I added a fun car pen because it was the right colour, lol.

TMNT set for a soon-to-be 5 year old :)
I bought a Bendy Bag (Lazy Girl Designs) pattern over a month ago and finally got to try it out.  The technique for the cool bag shape is new to me (and VERY creative!) but the steps to complete it, are very simple.  So I tried it.  And was successful :D  Here's my first one - it worked out so nicely!   This will be posted to the New to Me linky party for August :)

First attempt at a Lazy Girl Designs Bendy Bag :)


I was so pleased with my first bag that I got 3 more kitted ready to sew, lol!


Posting to New to Me for August :)
Ho Ho Ho and On We Sew for August :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay, you, getting the sewing mojo back! I can see I'm going to have to break down and buy this freakin' bendy bag pattern. It fascinates me. My only fear is that I will end up trying to figure out how to get a lining in there to avoid the raw edges inside. I don't know why--I've got a serger for crying out loud!

    Off to attempt to push the buy button on the bendy thing before I come to my senses and do one of the many other patterns I've already purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is gonna be so mad when I tell him that a spent $20 on a Craftsy class so that I could get the bendy bag pattern all because you made me jealous of your bendy bags. As I see it, it really is all your fault for me spending more money on sewing. I think I can talk him into putting the blame on you as well. I do get two other bag/pouch patterns as well for my twenty bucks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've pinned the bendy bag, they look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, everything! I made a bunch of stuff this summer, but haven't motivated myself to blog about it.

    The bendy bag is definitely cute! oooh! wait until you see the kitty pouches that I tested the pattern for, over the summer! You'll love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bendy bag looks great - cool fabric. Well done on getting the first one done. Love the extra large polka dots on the basket. Your mojo is well and truly back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your mojo is back with a vengeance, lol!!! Love those pouches and that gift, that's going to be one happy little boy. That purse is awesome - I have several of their patterns [or HAD, I haven't seen them in awhile....maybe I gave them away!]. I always found their patterns to be simple and never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cuteakes as always! That bendy bag is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great Christmas presents - thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails