Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last finishes for January :D

Most of these zippies (and the quilt, when it's finished) - will be donated to Blue Hills.   I do have a couple more things to photograph photographed when the rest of the "set" is finished :)

Quick and easy puppy quilt - I started this one when I finished my first quilt UFO in January, lol.  The design came from here, and I cut my FQ's into 10 x 8 rectangles :)  FQ set was an old purchase from Joanns.  Quilt top measures about 38" x 38".

The penguin bags are measuring tape bags made to use up the last of the penguin fabric - they're 6" x 6".  The red zippy was made with an extra quilt block I found in my sewing room - it measures 8 x 4. 

This one is from my unofficial Pin and a Book series, hehe.  My friend Vera found the tutorial and sent it to me, so I call this the Vera bag - thanks Vera - you need to try this too!  It measures 7w x 5t x 2.5d :)

Using up bits and pieces - the denim was upcycled from a friend's son's jeans (thanks Nanc & Daniel!) - even the studs were from her!  The lining matches the side tab :)  This one measures 6.5" x 6.5".

This bag was made from a pair of DS1's work jeans :D  It measures 10w x 11t x 3d, and is lined with pink gingham - a very feminine upcycle of worn out work jeans!

7 comments:

  1. Love your projects, the dog quilt is my favorite of course :) You are really knocking the projects off your list! Wooo hoooo! :)
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to name it Vera bag you funny girl :-) You did not pay enough attention during the Happy Pouch Hop as this was one of the patterns shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,
    Great projects there girl. I love
    the idea of upcycling jeans and
    turning them into something cute.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez! Have you seen the light of day recently? Wow! I'm impressed. I most get to work on some of these.

    I just got all the spikey things and the studs from the Etsy source. Can't wait to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH!!!! Cute cute and more cute!! I think the bottom one from the jeans is my favorite out of this bunch =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just something about gingham... love the Vera bag!!! Is the pink on your son's jeans stitching?... looks VERY effective against the white ric rac and pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh also !!!! Very beautiful the upcycling jeans.
    You know I understand a little english and I have a question, do you have a pattern for this pouch, I'll happy to share with you patterns, you can ask me what you would want.
    Thanks for your cute visit on my blog, I don't have time for the blog because of my job and my garden also.
    I send you sun from my island

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails