Monday, May 7, 2012

From the humour files ;)


A friend  sent me this - it made me LOL :D

And then we have ... 

Hellmann's Mayonnaise - a bit of history!

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico , which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as -
Sinko De Mayo.
 


4 comments:

  1. The video is sooo funny! I was NOT expecting that couple to be doing those stunts! No way! Thanks--made my day (and my husband's too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh does she have the best laugh ever - I was truly lol'ing at this - too funny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good Sandra.... so funny and a great mayo story to...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! They are hilarious, her especially!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails