Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blue, purple and green - a lovely combination :)

I think I got this remnant of fabric at a quilt store in Buffalo sometime within the last year.  It was a lovely piece of fabric - a locwly weight, and it washed up so nicely.  It gave it's life, bravely and without complaint, to make this gorgeous (if I do say so myself!) boxy bag :)  The lining is the same fabric as the outside, and the batting is warm and natural.  The bag measures about 10" x 5" x 4" and I'm ever so pleased with how it turned out - it went right into my gift box :)

Here's the zipper pull I made to go on the bag - it's a bit bigger than I normally make but the beads in this strand of beads (thanks, Susan!) went so well with the bag that I had to use them all.  Bigger is definitely better sometimes!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. It is a very lovely combination. I like the zipper pull too. Congrats on getting your passport!
    Bon voyage then, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is some gorgeous fabric- it reminds me of a vintage tablecloth I have! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails