Monday, March 29, 2010

New laptop :)

My old laptop (3 1/2 years old) was starting to develop problems (even tho I'm a fanatic about maintenance) - rather than spending money upgrading the RAM and getting it repaired, hubby told me to just buy a new laptop.  So on the weekend we went to Best Buy and bought a new Toshiba - I'm still getting used to it.  I'm unimpressed with Windows 7 (I prefer XP) and I'm really pissed that I can't use OE any more - I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird which I think is inferior, but which comes highly recommended by various sites online.  I'm still trying to figure out where everything is, but I'm sure liking having a fast lock-up free computer!  The old Toshiba is downstairs attached to the printer so I can have access to all my craft files while I'm in the sewing room - what a luxury having two computers! 

I'm headed to the doctor today for a consultation about some minor surgery I need - I feel like crap because I have another cold.  My Humira injections make me prone to infections, so I get colds every couple of weeks, lol.  I did have a good start to the day tho --- Monday is weigh-in day and when I hopped on this morning, I realized that after losing almost 25 pounds, I now weigh what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant with our oldest son.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay...for a new lappie! You'll be in my thoughts today ....and an even bigger yay for 25 POUNDS...can you say FANTASTIC????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no ~ surgery? You know I will be sending warm fuzzy flamingo love your way! Wish I had a magic wand to wave over you and make you all better. Me, the knee is healing except in trying to get up with my knee brace on I lost my balance and fell over the arm of the couch, twisted my back and bonked my head on the tile. Ouchie... doing better this morning though. Gonna try to make another whale side, hopefully the correct side this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you aren't well chicky....great to hear you have a new computer...thats gotta make you feel a tad better....I love Mozilla now....I would go nuts if I couldn't use OE though. How come you can't? Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things go well at the Dr.'s. I'm off to see mine today, too. I just got back from a month in the States. Taking care of my sick Mother. She's doing fine now, but I caught a whale of a cold that insists on continued occupation of my lungs. Going to check if there's anything more I should be doing towards eviction. /Rae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails