Thursday, December 10, 2009

Frog quilt top almost complete :)

I got the 3rd row sewn together today, and finished the 7th block (of 8). If you look at the bottom of the quilt, you can see that 1/2 of a frog will go on either side, to complete the top :) I'll have to find some nice froggy eyes at the fabric store!

I also got a fairly big project completed today, but can't post a picture in case the recipient sees it. I don't think she reads my blog, but just in case, I don't want to spoil the surprise :) I'm in love with Warm and Natural batting - this is the first time I've used it! Price comparison - Joanns queen sized batt (90x108) = $20US regular price (but they always have 40 or 50% off coupons). My local Fabricland = $70Cdn regular price (but I can always get it for 25% off because I'm a member, or I could wait for a 50% off sale). That's an awfully big price difference! I'll buy several the next time we're in New York. Poly battings bother my (psoriasis) hands, but the w'n'n didn't - and it's easier to work with, too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- what a huge difference in price!! I can't even touch the poly batts -- instant skin irritation! If you find Quilter's Dream on sale, try it. It's even nicer than Warm 'n Natural. Wonderful to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails