Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shopping bonanza :)




My girlfriend Chris and I ventured down to New York yesterday for a shopping trip - my first Black Friday foray. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but we didn't arrive at our first destination - Walden Galleria - until about 9:30 a.m. - as I understand it, the insanity starts much earlier - at the unGodly hour of 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. I'm sure you've read about the crazy bastards that trampled poor Jdimytai Damour to death in Long Island. I saw nothing of that nature - the stores were certainly busy, but no crazier or busier than any mall during the Christmas shopping season. We had a great day going from store to store - I bought fabric and craft supplies, mainly (big surprise!) - we were lucky enough to get waved through the border and didn't have to pay any duty, so that was a hell of a bonus!!

This is most of what I bought - there's one piece of fabric I didn't post because the recipient will know instantly it's for him ;), and I don't know if he reads my blog or not :D There are also 2 ornaments I need to find (not sure where I put them when I unpacked everything, lol) and some groceries - I don't think you need a picture of my Campbels Cream of Chicken soups!

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the projects I've been working on this last week :)

6 comments:

  1. This is the kind of shopping trip I like, lots of crafty goodies love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I love to see your stuff from shopping trips!! Love, love, love love the Christmas fabric...and DO I SEE STAMPING SUPPLIES? Yay and yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see .. puppies & kitties & cupcakes & boytoys and . . . .

    I wonder what you're up to . . .

    Wow, you scored great this weekend for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... do I have fabric envy. That last pic ~ the turquoise fabric with the penguins and the palm trees... I WANT IT!!!! Can you please tell me who the manufacturer is so I can try to find it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice stash! It's so much fun to add new fabrics to the collection. Can't wait to see what you'll be doing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a great shopping bonanza! Doesn't it feel great to have stocked your stash and notions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails