Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feel free to laugh - I am!

I've seen this style of potholder several times online, and I decided it was time for me to try it. Sans pattern. It looks pretty good ... except for the fact that it appears his HEAD IS MELTING - I didn't do a very good job of piecing that one square, LOL. I'm going to test how they stand up to a hot pot right off the stove - potholders shouldn't melt - I'd like to make a few more of these (without the melty head, hehe) but I'll need to give them a trial run first. Another change I'll make will be to bind the project instead of birthing it - it turns out that I like the bound version better. Here's a picture of one of these creations that isn't as deformed as mine ;)

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww that's cute :)

    Melty head, or not!!!

    What, did your spoon slip or something??

    *innocent whistle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not melting - who's had is perfect? Not mine! It is such a cute idea. I'd never seen this before. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, thanks for linking my potholders! The pattern was in a Fons and Porter magazine in the late 90s. After the squares are sewn together, there are 1" strips attached to all four sides. Then you birth the potholder and it looks like its bound. I used a sheet of Insulite (I think that's the name) from JoAnn's. It was very reasonable and one piece inside is plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that's what happens when you put a hot pot on a gingerbread man, huh? LOL It's still very cute, melty and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out cute even with the melted head. I think I'd be tempted to applique a bite taken out of the side of his head, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails