Sunday, May 25, 2008

The rest of the butterfly goodies :)

I am *so* happy with how these items turned out ... I finished up the last pieces today - the tea towels - using a couple of strips left over from the rest of the items. The tea towels are from the $ store and washed up even nicer than a lot of the department store towels I have. I tested them before working on them, in case they shredded or fell apart. They're actually very nice quality tea towels! I've never decorated them before, and I'm so pleased with how they turned out :)

At the $ store I also bought a ball of fun yarn and a fleece blanket in the right colors, to use for wrapping. I'm trying to get the parcel sent out with as little as possible that will need to go in the trash. The yarn can be reused to tie plants (or saved for Aunt Sandra to craft with, hehe), and the fleece blanket (which is only 30" X 40") can be used for the recipients kitties (or saved for Aunt Sandra to craft with) ;). I'll have to use brown paper to wrap the package for mailing - thats unavoidable. But it's recycleable :)

The entire set consists of 4 coasters, 2 hot pads, 4 placemats, 2 tea towels and a table topper. I hope the recipient likes them and can use them in her new house :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love the colors green and blue together. Your tea towels, coasters, hot pads, and placemats are very pretty. What a lucky person to receive such fantastic goodies.
    Sandra, I'm impressed. You're so green in everything you do, even when you send packages to someone. I guess need to give more thought into environmental issues in everything that I do. I'm trying but not quite there yet. I need to try harder, I guess.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous set of kitchen/table goodies. Great idea on using the fleece to wrap everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome package...I'll take a package ...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI How clever!!! Can you tell us which $ store you bought the fleece blankets from??????? We have several $ stores in our little town. Only one true everything $$ store though. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fleece blankets came from our local Dollarama $ store - thats a Canadian store :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recipient likey!! Will be perfect for our patio!
    I must also chime in as a green-conscious person, how impressed I am at the efforts you make to be kind to the environment! Everything that arrived in my mailbox is being used for *something* and I recycled the envelope! :)
    Thank you! Thank you!
    Love Brannifer, Blue and Bailie :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails