Saturday, May 10, 2008

Potholders and placemats and coasters, oh MY!

It seems that I've been getting a lot of sewing done (on the Kenmore, not on the poopy Babylock!) since our router died - 2 baby quilts, 15 bibs, 2 bath mats, 4 placemats, 8 coasters, 2 pot holders --- gee, could there possibly be a connection between computer problems and getting lots of sewing done? Ya think??!! ROTFL!!

Yes, it appears that my productivity in the last couple of weeks, may be directly related to the computer problems we're experiencing here due to a dead router. I'm surely spending a lot of time in the studio in the basement, but thats a good thing ;) I finished these kitchen goodies today, but still want to make a few more pieces to go with them. I'm on the lookout for a pretty/cute/artsy fartsy way to gift wrap these items --- I'll have to peek on flickr and etsy, to see if anything catches my eye.

In the interim, Happy Mothers Day tomorrow to all moms and moms-to-be --- I hope your people spoil you and treat you like a queen, even if it's just for one day. My husband usually tries to pull the "I treat you well all year round, so why do I have to go out of my way on one day?" shit, but I think I've almost got him trained OUT of that - it only took 22+ years for it to sink in!! The Kitchenaid mixer is from him, and tonight he offered to take me anywhere I want to go tomorrow - I'm leaning towards the flea market, and then a trip to the book store, and there are a couple of thrift stores near the book store, and maybe the drug store for some nice bubble bath --- what a nice day it will be!

A special Happy Mothers Day to Cassendra, our nephew David's wife, on her first mothers day as a momma ... awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! David you better have something special planned for her, from you and from Matteo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails