Friday, May 9, 2008

Making Ends Meet ...

in more ways than one!! I saw this post a few weeks ago ... New Bath Mat ... it inspired me to make some bath mats for my kids' bathroom :)

This first try came out more matchy poo than I like - I should have used an odd number of fabrics to get them out of perfect alignment, lol. I've already got the blocks cut out for a second mat, and it'll be less synchronized ;) These will be backed with a chenille bedspread I bought on ebay several years ago to use for crafting, and then they'll go into the kids' blue/white bathroom. The blocks are 6" finished, so the mats will be 24 X 36 - a nice size for teenage manfeet (don't tell them I said that, LOL).

Thank you to April from Making Ends Meet - for the inspiration, and thanks Louise (in Markham, Ontario!) for the denim scraps/fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails